Our Summer Activities for Teenagers Series is the perfect place to find things to do in the summer! In this installment, we have lots of ideas for ‘The Musician’ in your family!
This page may contain affiliate links from which we may earn a commission, at no additional cost to you, when you click and/or make a purchase from our partners. Sometimes, we also include links to external sites, from which we do not earn a commission. We have simply provided these links as a convenience to our readers. We make no claims and hold no responsibility for the content of the linked sites. See our Disclosure Policy for more information.
Pin for later…
Want the whole Summer Activities for Teenagers Series in one place?
Get Your FREE Summer Activities for Teenagers Guide!
For the one who spends hours practicing their instrument, has a song for every moment of life, and already has a list of cities for the tour they’re going to do with the band they just put together…
Share your music with others…
- Make videos for your YouTube channel
- Go live on Instagram or Facebook
- Have an online video conference with fellow musicians for a jam session
Expand your musical skills…
- Learn a new instrument
- Learn to read music or improve your skill
- Learn to tune pianos
- Practice vocal techniques taught through an online course
- Learn to play the jazz scale
- Find a video that breaks down your favorite song on your chosen instrument and perfect it
Create your own unique instrument…
- Build a guitar
- Build a ukulele
- Make your own cajon
- Build a violin
- Make instruments from common household items
Give others an opportunity to learn…
- Give lessons to a younger musician
- Do a video teaching series for your YouTube channel
Write your own music…
- Write an instrumental song
- Write a song with lyrics
- Create music clips to sell online
- Write a song and adapt it to several different genres (country, pop, jazz, etc.)
- Write a song and adapt it to the styles of the different decades (50s, 80s, etc.)
- Take an existing song and play it in the styles of various genres or decades
Interested in creating a blog about your love of music?
Pin for later…
Disclaimer: All activities in this series may not be suitable for every teenager. It is the responsibility of parents/guardians to determine whether their teens are of appropriate age, maturity, and ability to participate in any given activity. It’s a Joyous Journey LLC takes no responsibility for any accident, injury, behavior, damage, etc. resulting from any person’s involvement in any activity listed in this series. Please note that many activities involve the internet/social media. We take no responsibility for any content on any website other than our own. Please monitor your teen according to your own family’s internet/social media guidelines.