Our Summer Activities for Teenagers Series is the perfect place to find things to do in the summer! In this installment, we have lots of ideas for ‘The Builder’ in your family!
This page may contain affiliate links from which we may earn a commission, at no additional cost to you, when you click and/or make a purchase from our partners. Sometimes, we also include links to external sites, from which we do not earn a commission. We have simply provided these links as a convenience to our readers. We make no claims and hold no responsibility for the content of the linked sites. See our Disclosure Policy for more information.
Pin for later…
Want the whole Summer Activities for Teenagers Series in one place?
Build the best backyard in the neighborhood…
- Build outdoor games (corn hole, life-size Jenga, life-size tic-tac-toe, etc.)
- Build a picnic table
- Build a porch swing
- Build a pergola
- Build a treehouse
- Build a chicken coop
Plan your dream home…
- Design your dream home
- Draft scaled plans for your dream home
- Build a scaled model of your dream home
- Build a dollhouse
- Build a model of an instrument
- Build a model of a famous landmark
- Build a model of an animal
- Build a model of a vehicle
Show your style…
- Redecorate your bedroom
- Choose a new color and paint a room in your house
- Re-purpose items in your home to give it a fresh look
- Create storage solutions for your home
- Refinish an old piece of furniture
Develop your own style of furnishings…
- Build a bookcase
- Build a headboard
- Build a bunk bed
- Build a table
- Build a coat rack
- Re-purpose old furniture into something new
Interested in starting a blog about your love of building?
Pin for later…
Disclaimer: All activities in this series may not be suitable for every teenager. It is the responsibility of parents/guardians to determine whether their teens are of appropriate age, maturity, and ability to participate in any given activity. It’s a Joyous Journey LLC takes no responsibility for any accident, injury, behavior, damage, etc. resulting from any person’s involvement in any activity listed in this series. Please note that many activities involve the internet/social media. We take no responsibility for any content on any website other than our own. Please monitor your teen according to your own family’s internet/social media guidelines.