Our Summer Activities for Teenagers Series is the perfect place to find things to do in the summer! In this installment, we have lots of ideas for ‘The Outdoorsman’ in your family!
This page may contain affiliate links from which we may earn a commission, at no additional cost to you, when you click and/or make a purchase from our partners. Sometimes, we also include links to external sites, from which we do not earn a commission. We have simply provided these links as a convenience to our readers. We make no claims and hold no responsibility for the content of the linked sites. See our Disclosure Policy for more information.
Pin for later…
Want the whole Summer Activities for Teenagers Series in one place?
Get Your FREE Summer Activities for Teenagers Guide!
For the one who is always outside, loves to go camping and hiking, and wants to win Survivor one day…
Set up camp…
- Learn to put up a tent
- Learn how to cook over an open fire
- Set up camp in your backyard
- Plan a family camping trip
Sharpen your survival skills…
- Take a first aid/CPR class
- Build a temporary shelter
- Learn to dress a wound
- Learn to purify water
- Learn to start and tend a fire without a match
- Practice tying different types of knots
- Study what plants/bugs/animals are safe to eat
Study the stars…
- Download an app that shows you where the stars are in the summer sky
- Experiment with moon photography
- Study a star chart and then use a telescope to find the planets and the stars
Get close to nature…
- Go on a bike ride
- Go on a hike
- Go fishing
- Go canoeing/kayaking
- Learn about different kinds of lures
Interested in creating a blog about your love of the outdoors?
Pin for later…
Disclaimer: All activities in this series may not be suitable for every teenager. It is the responsibility of parents/guardians to determine whether their teens are of appropriate age, maturity, and ability to participate in any given activity. It’s a Joyous Journey LLC takes no responsibility for any accident, injury, behavior, damage, etc. resulting from any person’s involvement in any activity listed in this series. Please note that many activities involve the internet/social media. We take no responsibility for any content on any website other than our own. Please monitor your teen according to your own family’s internet/social media guidelines.