Our Summer Activities for Teenagers Series is the perfect place to find things to do in the summer! In this installment, we have lots of ideas for ‘The Gardener’ in your family!
This page may contain affiliate links from which we may earn a commission, at no additional cost to you, when you click and/or make a purchase from our partners. Sometimes, we also include links to external sites, from which we do not earn a commission. We have simply provided these links as a convenience to our readers. We make no claims and hold no responsibility for the content of the linked sites. See our Disclosure Policy for more information.
Pin for later…
Want the whole Summer Activities for Teenagers Series in one place?
Get Your FREE Summer Activities for Teenagers Guide!
For the one who has their own flower garden, fills the window ledge over your kitchen sink with tiny seedlings, and asks you to help them build raised garden beds in your backyard…
Put some seeds in the ground…
- Plant a raised-bed vegetable garden
- Plant an herb garden
- Design a succulent container garden
- Plant a salad garden
- Use potatoes, garlic, onions, etc. from your kitchen to seed new plants
- Plant some pumpkin seeds to harvest in the fall
- Plant a flower garden
- Grow your own strawberries
Add some curb appeal…
- Mow and weed eat your yard
- Design or maintain flower beds
- Make your own stepping stones
- Trim trees and bushes
- Do lawn care for a single parent, elderly neighbor, etc.
Do good for the Earth…
- Learn how to compost
- Make solar-powered path lights or hanging lights
- Create a rainwater collection system to water your garden
Interested in creating a gardening blog?
Pin for later…
Disclaimer: All activities in this series may not be suitable for every teenager. It is the responsibility of parents/guardians to determine whether their teens are of appropriate age, maturity, and ability to participate in any given activity. It’s a Joyous Journey LLC takes no responsibility for any accident, injury, behavior, damage, etc. resulting from any person’s involvement in any activity listed in this series. Please note that many activities involve the internet/social media. We take no responsibility for any content on any website other than our own. Please monitor your teen according to your own family’s internet/social media guidelines.