Our Summer Activities for Teenagers Series is the perfect place to find things to do in the summer! In this installment, we have lots of ideas for ‘The Gardener’ in your family!
This post may include affiliate links for Amazon and others, from which we may earn compensation, at no additional cost to you, when you click on the link. This post may also include links to third-party websites from which we are receiving no compensation. This is solely for the convenience of the reader. We make no claims and hold no liability or responsibility for the content of these linked websites. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
Want the whole Summer Activities for Teenagers Series in one place?
Put some seeds in the ground…
- Plant a raised-bed vegetable garden
- Plant an herb garden
- Design a succulent container garden
- Plant a salad garden
- Use potatoes, garlic, onions, etc. from your kitchen to seed new plants
- Plant some pumpkin seeds to harvest in the fall
- Plant a flower garden
- Grow your own strawberries
Add some curb appeal…
- Mow and weed eat your yard
- Design or maintain flower beds
- Make your own stepping stones
- Trim trees and bushes
- Do lawn care for a single parent, elderly neighbor, etc.
Do good for the Earth…
- Learn how to compost
- Make solar-powered path lights or hanging lights
- Create a rainwater collection system to water your garden
Create a backyard paradise…
- Create a fairy garden
- Build a fire pit
- Make a backyard mini water park or splash pad
- Build a porch swing
- Create a misting system to keep everyone cool
- Create a time-lapse video of your growing garden
- Bury a time capsule
- Build a water feature
- Build a seating area