Our Summer Activities for Teenagers Series is the perfect place to find things to do in the summer! In this installment, we have lots of ideas for ‘The Storyteller’ in your family!
This page may contain affiliate links from which we may earn a commission, at no additional cost to you, when you click and/or make a purchase from our partners. Sometimes, we also include links to external sites, from which we do not earn a commission. We have simply provided these links as a convenience to our readers. We make no claims and hold no responsibility for the content of the linked sites. See our Disclosure Policy for more information.
Pin for later…
Want the whole Summer Activities for Teenagers Series in one place?
Put your words on paper…
- Write a book
- Write a short story
- Start a blog
- Write a poem
- Write a movie script
- Write a skit
- Write a monologue
- Write a children’s book
- Write a song
Keep family memories alive…
- Interview older family members and write down stories for a family memory book
- Gather recipes and create a family cookbook
- Create photo books of family memories from digital photos
- Learn a new language
- Learn a few phrases in several different languages
Share your thoughts…
- Create a podcast to share your personal stories
- Create a book review podcast
- Find an interesting podcast to listen to
Curl up with a good book…
- Read a new book series
- Read a classic you haven’t gotten to yet
- Record yourself reading a children’s book and send it to family members with young kids
- Start a book club
Interested in creating a blog about your love of storytelling?
Pin for later…
Disclaimer: All activities in this series may not be suitable for every teenager. It is the responsibility of parents/guardians to determine whether their teens are of appropriate age, maturity, and ability to participate in any given activity. It’s a Joyous Journey LLC takes no responsibility for any accident, injury, behavior, damage, etc. resulting from any person’s involvement in any activity listed in this series. Please note that many activities involve the internet/social media. We take no responsibility for any content on any website other than our own. Please monitor your teen according to your own family’s internet/social media guidelines.