Our Summer Activities for Teenagers Series is the perfect place to find things to do in the summer! In this installment, we have lots of ideas for ‘The Traveler’ in your family!
This page may contain affiliate links from which we may earn a commission, at no additional cost to you, when you click and/or make a purchase from our partners. Sometimes, we also include links to external sites, from which we do not earn a commission. We have simply provided these links as a convenience to our readers. We make no claims and hold no responsibility for the content of the linked sites. See our Disclosure Policy for more information.
Pin for later…
Want the whole Summer Activities for Teenagers Series in one place?
For the one who dreams of far-off places, loves to help plan the next family road trip, and can tell you the name of their favorite travel influencer on social media…
Explore your local area…
- Research your local area to see if there are some new places/attractions you haven’t visited yet
- Plan a family day out
- Use social media to document your experiences for others who may want to explore your local area
- Look on Pinterest for some fun day trips from your area
- Go geocaching
Create trip guides…
- Create trip guides (blog post, video, podcast, downloadable) for places you’ve been to share online
- Do some research and create trip guides for places you want to go someday
- Take virtual vacations to get some ideas from trip guides others have created
Plan a trip…
- Talk to parents about which trips on your bucket list might be feasible in the near future and ask if you can work on planning that trip (Remember, a not right now doesn’t mean never. Do your research for future trips, but be content with what is possible for your situation right now)
- Research transportation, lodging, food, activities to get an idea of costs involved
- Decide how much time you’d need for the trip
- Decide what the budget must be for the trip (Don’t forget tips, souvenirs, special clothing or other items needed for the trip)
- With permission and parents’ help, go ahead and start booking your trip if the time is right!
Dream about future trips…
Create buckets lists for…
- Countries you want to visit
- States you want to visit
- Cities you want to visit
- National parks you want to visit
- Attractions you want to visit
- Experiences you want to have
Interested in creating a travel blog?
Pin for later…
Disclaimer: All activities in this series may not be suitable for every teenager. It is the responsibility of parents/guardians to determine whether their teens are of appropriate age, maturity, and ability to participate in any given activity. It’s a Joyous Journey LLC takes no responsibility for any accident, injury, behavior, damage, etc. resulting from any person’s involvement in any activity listed in this series. Please note that many activities involve the internet/social media. We take no responsibility for any content on any website other than our own. Please monitor your teen according to your own family’s internet/social media guidelines.