Our Summer Activities for Teenagers Series is the perfect place to find things to do in the summer! In this installment, we have lots of ideas for ‘The Photographer and Videographer’ in your family!
This post may include affiliate links, from which we may earn compensation, at no additional cost to you, when you click on the link. This post may also include links to third-party websites from which we are receiving no compensation. This is solely for the convenience of the reader. We make no claims and hold no liability or responsibility for the content of these linked websites. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
Want the whole Summer Activities for Teenagers Series in one place?
Improve your photo editing skills…
- Take an online course on photo editing
- Experiment with different presets
- Create your own presets
Explore different types of photography…
- Practice portrait photography with a family member
- Practice pet photography with the family pet
- Practice moon photography
- Practice food photography
- Take an online photography course
- Practice macro photography in your backyard
- Take up-close photos of different items and post them online to have friends guess what item you photographed
Get creative with photo art…
- Make a collage
- Make a photogram-A photographic print made by placing objects and other elements on photosensitive paper and exposing it to light.
- Make a photomontage-A collage work that includes cut or torn and pasted photographs or photographic reproductions.
- Create a photo wall
Start your own photography or videography business…
- Start your own YouTube channel
- Sell your photos to an online stock photo distributor like Shutterstock
Roll that camera!…
- Write, film, and edit a short film
- Make music videos for musician friends
- Take an online course to learn different film and editing techniques
- Video some interviews with family members to create a family memory video
- Team up with the family chef/baker to create some cooking videos to share online
- Make video clips to sell on Shutterstock
Interested in creating a blog about your love of photography and videography?
Pin for later…
Disclaimer: All activities in this series may not be suitable for every teenager. It is the responsibility of parents/guardians to determine whether their teens are of appropriate age, maturity, and ability to participate in any given activity. It’s a Joyous Journey LLC takes no responsibility for any accident, injury, behavior, damage, etc. resulting from any person’s involvement in any activity listed in this series. Please note that many activities involve the internet/social media. We take no responsibility for any content on any website other than our own. Please monitor your teen according to your own family’s internet/social media guidelines.