Our Summer Activities for Teenagers Series is the perfect place to find things to do in the summer! In this installment, we have lots of ideas for ‘The Animal Lover’ in your family!
This page may contain affiliate links from which we may earn a commission, at no additional cost to you, when you click and/or make a purchase from our partners. Sometimes, we also include links to external sites, from which we do not earn a commission. We have simply provided these links as a convenience to our readers. We make no claims and hold no responsibility for the content of the linked sites. See our Disclosure Policy for more information.
Pin for later…
Want the whole Summer Activities for Teenagers Series in one place?
Get Your FREE Summer Activities for Teenagers Guide!
The Animal Lover
For the one who wants all the pets, dreams of being a veterinarian, and has an extraordinary collection of stuffed animals…
Caring for pets…
- Learn to properly groom different kinds of pets
- Foster a homeless pet from your local shelter
- Start a chicken farm (build your own coop!)
- Research the type of pet that would be best for your family and then build a suitable habitat to care for it
Your own animal business…
- Start a pet sitting business
- Start a dog walking business
- Learn about dog training
- Learn about service dog training
- Volunteer at the zoo
- Ask about interning at a local vet clinic
- Research animal-related careers and necessary training
- Make an Instagram account for your pet and see if they become famous
Go see some animals you don’t have at home…
- Go horseback riding
- Go bird watching
- Go to the zoo
- Go to an aquarium
Interested in starting a blog about your interest in animals?
Pin for later…
Disclaimer: All activities in this series may not be suitable for every teenager. It is the responsibility of parents/guardians to determine whether their teens are of appropriate age, maturity, and ability to participate in any given activity. It’s a Joyous Journey LLC takes no responsibility for any accident, injury, behavior, damage, etc. resulting from any person’s involvement in any activity listed in this series. Please note that many activities involve the internet/social media. We take no responsibility for any content on any website other than our own. Please monitor your teen according to your own family’s internet/social media guidelines.